[Biococoa-dev] Design question

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Thu Aug 5 18:54:18 EDT 2004

Not bothering to quote everything Alex said, but general message I got is:

Since I'm writing something that's very basic (find a site in DNA), I
shouldn't worry too much about savability.

Any object that understands DNA can use this method to get the information
it needs.  It will then be responsible for saving any such information it

Given that, I'm going to make the methods for site finding and ORF finding
return arrays of NSNumbers and NSValues holding NSRanges, respectively.  How
that information gets saved is not the concern of these methods.

That sound okay?

This mind intentionally left blank