[Biococoa-dev] Re: BioCocoa class structure

Jim Balhoff james.balhoff at duke.edu
Tue Jul 27 23:02:29 EDT 2004

On Jul 27, 2004, at 10:27 PM, John Timmer wrote:

> Okay, here's a possible class structure for your comment and
> correction.
>
> For the immediate future, I'd imagine that the issue will more be
> deciding
> which class to put methods that we already have written into.
>
> And I checked out from CVS anonymously, so I'll try to comment some
> code and
> generate one of the Util classes....

Just a small suggestion - I think we should try to make the class names
(and organization) fit the Cocoa spirit as much as possible, so maybe
the Display classes should be called more like "BCSequenceView",
"BCChromatogramView", etc.

Otherwise, I don't think of file IO immediately when I think of a
sequence.  Could there be a separate sequence class, which is used for
analyses and could return various file type string representations when
asked?

I don't really have any experience designing an API, though, so feel
free to disagree! ;-)

- Jim
James P. Balhoff
Dept. of Biology