[Biococoa-dev] [BioCocoa] Alignments

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Tue Sep 7 01:44:16 EDT 2004

This is more a newsflash, but perhaps nice to let you guys know is that
I've spoken to Serge Cohen, a French programmer here in the institute
and have asked him if he could help us look at implementing alignments.
He's a mac enthusiast as well, and works on a program for automatic
modeling of Xray structures. He also wrote some stuff for organizing
and parsing pubmed entries, so perhaps he has some more things he can
help us with. Lucky for us, he absolutely wants to contribute with the
alignment algorithms, something I don't really have a lot of experience
with at least. Very nice is that he has quite some experience with
altivec enhancements as well, would be nice to have altivec enabled
alignments ;-)
  I'll introduce him to the framework once the core is more or less
stable...
Cheers,

                   AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                    E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
                Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

	Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows
	because most people use Windows, is like saying
	that all other restaurants serve food that is
	inferior to McDonalds