[Biococoa-dev] Optimizations

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Tue Sep 7 18:10:26 EDT 2004

> On Sep 7, 2004, at 5:47 PM, John Timmer wrote:
>>
>> PS - what area of biology do you work on?  We seem to have a fairly
>> broad
>> spectrum already within this small group.
>>

> Molecular and developmental evolution - particularly gene regulatory
> sequences.

Any gene family/species set in particular?  I do developmental work in the
vertebrate neural tube, and the conservation of some of the enhancers is
spectacular (higher than the coding region between chickens and mice for
some cases).  I've been thinking of a side project doing some enhancer
bashing, so I've thought about this a bit.

Cheers,

John