[BioCocoa-dev] NEW VERSION

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Tue Sep 21 16:52:58 EDT 2004

Thanks John! As you say, the panic was bigger than the actual problems,
I'll have a check later, but I guess you fixed most if not all
already... Let us celebrate by throwing in a thought I got while
attending an, otherwise very boring, bioinformatics talk  yesterday.
These people had used opensource software to integrate a lot of data in
a database based on the BioSQL schema. Although, my knowledge is
limited in this area -John you have much more experience with databases
isn't it? - I thought it might be nice to keep this setup in mind for
our "general, xml based" file format we want to setup. The BioSQL
project already is a shared initiative of all Open-bio projects, and
located at: http://obda.open-bio.org/  If you go to the webcvs and
download the tarball, it contains an overview pdf and documentation
(although limited and no real examples). It might help us setup things
like annotations and features as well. Perhaps nice to keep in the back
of our heads...
Cheers,
Alex

Op 21-sep-04 om 22:40 heeft John Timmer het volgende geschreven:

                    AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                     E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
                 Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

           LabAssistant - Get your life organized!