[Biococoa-dev] Joining the team

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Mon Feb 21 17:33:15 EST 2005

> Incidentally, I thought this came up ages ago, and it was Alex who
> asked
> Peter about it then.  Maybe I'm hallucinating after too much time in a
> darkened microscope room?
Nope, absolutely not, you're right, in fact I have an email from Peter
that he changed the license of the current biococoa to LGPL already,
not sure if that's reflected in the current license file already, but
at the time Peter was fine with it. Just wanted to inform and ask
everyone though...

> Incidentally, what's the story for re-use of code?  A hypothetical:
> If I
> were to write code for a commercial project, then donate some of that
> code
> to BioCocoa, would I then have to go back and release the code for the
> entire commercial product?  Would I have to explicitly retain
> copyright to
> the shared code to avoid this?  Hasn't been an issue yet, but if we do
> go
> CoreData, I could see it becoming one.

Hmm, I don't get it, but that's probably me hallucinating after coding
to long... ;-)
Cheers,
Alex

                   E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl