[Biococoa-dev] new to the list

Todd Harris harris at cshl.edu
Tue Feb 22 22:09:02 EST 2005

Hi all -

I've been lurking on the list for a few weeks but have never introduced
myself properly.

I'm a scientific programmer -- formerly a postdoc -- in Lincoln Stein's lab
at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.  I'm a biologist by training although I
write code full time now.

By way of background, I primarily work in Perl as the central developer of
WormBase, and on projects like BioPerl and the Generic Model Organism
Database project.  I just today released what I hope will become a unified
API for biological databases, insulating end users from model changes and
data mining minutae.  I also do basic research in comparative genomics. I'm
currently working on algorithms for multiple whole genome alignment and
visualization.

Anyway, I just wanted to delurk and say hello.  I'm reading messages now as
I get up to speed with the status of the project.  It's clearly a dynamic
and dedicated group.  I hope to be able to contribute wherever needed.

Todd