[Biococoa-dev] Project Structure

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 23 17:21:34 EST 2005

On Feb 23, 2005, at 2:50 PM, John Timmer wrote:

> I think in general it's a reasonable idea - separating out some of the
> computation-heavy stuff would make the framework a bit more
> lightweight for
> apps that don't need the full suite of tools (say, a plasmid mapping
> app).

I also think it is a good suggestion from Philipp to make smaller and
more than one frameworks, even in different projects. Not only makes it
the framework less bloated, it also makes code management easier. This
is also the way the Omni frameworks are arranged. Initially we used
BioJava and BioPerl as an example, and they have indeed (almost)
everything inside the same project.

cheers,