[Biococoa-dev] Developer documentation

Charles PARNOT charles.parnot at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 24 23:33:13 EST 2005

At 10:37 +0100 2/24/05, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:
>>Yes, this is why I started the dev-docs folder on the project. Having it in the project makes it easier for everybody to edit, like a wiki in a way, so everybody can contribute and help too. To duplicate this in a web site is nice, but it might be hard for you to keep it in sync? Maybe if you suggested a simple layout that would make the conversion easier? e.g. I sticked to some <h2> and <p> tags in what I started (I did not like the default format for <h1>, too big!).
>Heard of CSS ? ;-)
>If we stick to some tags perhaps similar to the headerdoc tags, we don't have to go spread all these <h1> etc throughout the code. I'll give a look at it and come up with a proposal. Editing the docs in the project is brilliant, indeed wiki like....

The idea of using html was to have something immediately readable by whoever checkouts the project for the first time. If we use tags similar to headerdoc, then this is not true anymore.

If we stick to simple html tags like h1-h2... and p, the parsing should be easy, and maybe even just a css is enough without further processing or parsing to paste on your web site?

Anyway, I will let you think about it!

charles

--
Help science go fast forward: