[Biococoa-dev] Should we choose?

Charles PARNOT charles.parnot at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 12 19:32:35 EST 2005

>On Jan 12, 2005, at 1:41 AM, Charles PARNOT wrote:
>
>>Wow, it looks like we get a nice unanimous agreement! I guess I
>>will have to write the (very little) code needed for
>>BCSequenceGeneric, now that I bragged so much about it. BTW, is the
>>naming OK? I was tempted to propose simply BCSequence for the
>>generic subclass, but I think in the end, BCSequenceGeneric (or
>>something equivalent) could carry more sense and be clearer for
>>everybody, particularly if living with other subclasses. And
>>keeping the superclass name to BCSequence is also more consistent
>>with the class hierarchy. OK, I know, I am just arguing with
>>myself, here.
>
>Actually, I would prefer the name BCSequence for what the user will
>use, which is BCSequenceGeneric in your proposal, right? We can then
>rename BCSequence to something like BCAbstractSequence, or even
>promote the current BCSymbolList to that role.

I don't really have an preference on this (I have contradictory
thoughts that cancel each other), so I will let you guys decide.

>>Next issues are:
>>* annotations (a new ivar in the superclass, and a category of the
>>superclass for the implementation??)
>
>IIRC, I think we already agreed to make a BCAnnotation class, and
>put an ivar to it in the superclass.

OK, I was not sure, hence the question marks.
I am complete newbie in the whole annotation discussion anyway, so I
will just try to catch up as it goes...

Charles

Charles Parnot
charles.parnot at stanford.edu