[Biococoa-dev] NSMutableData vs malloc

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jul 10 20:06:06 EDT 2005

> I am completely and absolutely with you. But I am just being
> pragmatic right now, and I know most people on this list want mutable
> sequences now... One thing we could do is call all of these classes
> BCMutableSequence, BCMutableDNASequence,... and not use the name
> BCDNASequence,... But I think we will have mutable/immutable
> sequences real soon now. I want to work on that!! I feel exactly like
> you, that we need these immutable sequences to ensure better
> performance.

I agree with this in principle, but I'd like to do so in a way that the
subclasses we've got in place work for both mutable and immutable sequences.
I can't figure out how to possibly wrench the ObjC runtime into place so
that happens, but I'm hoping one of you guys can come up with something.

This mind intentionally left blank