[Biococoa-dev] NSMutableData vs malloc

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 17 12:56:53 EDT 2005

On Jul 17, 2005, at 12:02 PM, Charles Parnot wrote:

> I don't see why we can't keep simply
> + (id) symbolForChar: (unsigned char)aSymbol
> There is a direct correspondance between BCSymbol and char, so a
> BCSymbol is defined by a char, not a string. I should have a look
> at the code to help better, but maybe there is some confusion
> happpeing when switching between NSString and char* and char...

We now use the symbolString to retrieve info from the propertiesDict,

         symbolInfo = [[[BCAminoAcid aaPropertiesDict] objectForKey:
[self symbolString]] copy];

And it is also used in BCCodon.

So we might need to keep the symbolString around, otherwise we need
to create the NSString on the fly everytime.