[Biococoa-dev] BCSymbolSet

Philipp Seibel biococoa at bioworxx.com
Thu Mar 10 14:31:48 EST 2005

Am 10.03.2005 um 20:17 schrieb John Timmer:

>> Hi,
>>
>> i'd like to make the suggestion to make BCSymbolSet a subclass of
>> NSMutableSet, to get all set features for free. I for example need the
>> allObjects: method for my BCScoringMatrix class.
> I think we were going to make BCSymbolSet already.  I think the root
> class
> was going to be non-mutable and hold standard sets, like all
> nucleotides,
> etc.

Yes i noticed that, but it derives from NSObject, would be cleaner if
it derives from NS(Mutable)Set. (just my opinion)

>  There was going to be a subclass that was mutable to allow
> user-defined sets.  I wasn't involved in coding this, though, so I'm
> not
> sure where things stand.
>

>> to make the first AlignmentTools i would suggest to make a
>> BCMultiSequenceTool base class including a NSArray of abstract
>> sequences.
> That sounds reasonable.

I looked at the current structure and perhaps its better to make some
protocols instead of the Tools base classes, so we're more flexible
with the tool organisation.

> You had implied you had checked something in to the CVS in a previous
> email
> - is that so?  If so, where can I find it?

in the BCFoundation->BCAlignment Folder

cheers,

Phil