[Biococoa-dev] adding new files

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 10 20:29:28 EST 2005

Hi,

Just a general remark. When adding new files to the framework, make
sure you do the following:

1. Add the files in the right location in Xcode, so they match the
structure on your HD

2. Add the files to BCFoundation.h or BCAppKit.h

3. Click on the BioCocoa target and make sure all files are labled
'public' (except for BCCocoa_Prefix.h)

4. Files in BCFoundation only need to #import
<Foundation/Foundation.h>, not <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>

5. Change _MyCompanyName_ to The BioCocoa Project

BTW it would be nice if we can do this automatically, including the
addition of the LGPL licence which I think should be at the top of each
file. I know we can make our own templates, but they should be stored
outside the project, somewhere in Application Support. Anyone knows if
this can be set on a per project basis?

6. Commit the files to cvs, and don't forget to commit the changes to
BCFoundation.h and project.pbxproj

cheers,