[Biococoa-dev] initWithSymbol

Charles PARNOT charles.parnot at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 14 03:24:46 EST 2005

At 7:38 AM -0500 3/12/05, Koen van der Drift wrote:
>On Mar 12, 2005, at 7:17 AM, Koen van der Drift wrote:
>>So would it be safe to have it return BCSymbol instead of id? Or is there anotherSolution, maybe use initWithSymbolChar?
>I changed it to use initWithSymbolChar and also commited Charles' request to replace aaForSymbol and baseForSymbol with symbolForChar.
>- Koen.

Thanks, Koen!
And thanks for the modifs to the dev-docs. They make sense and the new item looks good to me.

Regarding the symbol init, I know it is too late, but another option could have been 'initWithUnichar:'... After all, the conflict was with a method with the same name but different signature, because really using the real 'char' type.

Help science go fast forward:

Charles Parnot
charles.parnot at stanford.edu

Room  B157 in Beckman Center