[Biococoa-dev] BCPairwiseAlignment

Philipp Seibel biococoa at bioworxx.com
Sat Mar 12 07:25:34 EST 2005

>> Not sure if I like the name BCAlignmentAlgorithm, it screams for
>> typo's ;)  We could have the result named BCAlignmentResult or
>> BCSequenceAlignment.
>>
> I agree with you. I like the BCSequenceAlignment version.

So there is my new idea:

You can see a alignment-algorithms as convenient constructors of a
BCAlignment (or BCSequenceAlignment), so we could have categories for
BCAlignment like

@interface BCAlignment ( PairwiseAlignment )

+ (BCAlignment *)needlemanWunschAlignment......
+ (BCAlignment *)smithWatermanAlignment....

@end

@interface BCAlignment ( MultipleAlignment )

+ (BCAlignment *)clustalWAlignment.....

@end

so everybody who wants to add alignment algorithms do that in additions
(categories).

Just another idea ....

Phil