[BioCocoa-dev] Peptides...

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 19 16:17:21 EST 2005

Hi,

I found a bug in the display of the peptides, it is an error between
0-based and 1-based calculations. If I select a peptide in the right
pane, in the left pane the peptide shown is one position off (too
high). First I tried changing that in the search code, but tht is not
right because all calculations are 0-based. So it has to be changed in
the display code:

- (void)tableViewSelectionDidChange:(NSNotification *)aNotification{
	// is there a selection?
	if ([[aNotification object] selectedRow] == -1) return;
	else {
		NSRange	aRange;
		// which result is selected?
		Result *res = [results objectAtIndex: [tv selectedRow]];
		// select the location of the peptide in the inputview

		aRange = [res range];
		aRange.location -= 1;
		[theInput setSelectedRange: aRange];
	}
}

As you already mentioned in the comments, the code can be sped up by
using a search window of the average MW of an amino acid (= 110 Da),
+/- 10% (or maybe 15%).

- Koen.