[BioCocoa-Dev] Project Update...cvs struggle

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 20 12:51:00 EST 2005

On Mar 20, 2005, at 12:33 PM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:

> Yes, it worked!! How how how? And the legal way? ;-)
> Alex

This is not for the faint of heart, and all from the command line.

First I ssh'ed into the Biococoa directory at bioinformatics.org. I
completely removed the English.lproj folder from the repository. Then I
went to my HD, and first created the enclosing folder (English.lproj/),
added and committed it to cvs. Then I cd'ed into that folder, and added
the next item. Be aware though, MainMenu is a folder as well. So I
created an empty MainMenu.nib folder, add + commit to cvs, and again
added one by one the three items (info.nib, classes.nib, and
keyedobjects.nib). Because keyedobjects.nib is a binary file, I used
the -kb flag for the cvs commands. In the file you mailed there were
some items named ..java.., which I did not use.

Finally, I had to restore the right MainMenu.nib file in the
translation demo. I think with your reorganization you by accident used
the one from the Peptides demo ;-)