[BioCocoa-dev] Peptides...

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Fri Mar 25 11:11:31 EST 2005

Yeah, I'd read that one over before.  Basically, it suggests grabbing
everything you need in a loop - the underlying C classes and the pointers to
their functions - before hand, and using raw C within the loop.  As you can
see from the example code, there's a HUGE penalty in terms of readability of
the code.  I've also not had a lot of experience with handling function
pointers, so I'm hesitant to rely on my ability to do so for something like
BioCocoa.

Still, long term it might pay to try this for a couple of situations.

JT