[Biococoa-dev] Initial Subversion import

Peter Schols peter.schols at bio.kuleuven.be
Tue Mar 7 16:06:32 EST 2006

Dear all,

I've done the cleanup, reorganisation and initial SVN import of the
BioCocoa project.
You can view the repository using the web interface at: http://
bioinformatics.org/websvn/

This web interface is quite interesting, it can be used to checkout a
copy of the repository. You can even use RSS to subscribe to the
repository or certain folders in it.
What bothers me, is that all bioinformatics.org repositories seem to
be shared. As a result, our initial import is revision 3.
Fortunately, there is only one other SVN hosted project right now.
Nonetheless, this approach seems less than desirable and I'd really
like a separate repository for BioCocoa. I'll contact the
Bioinformatics.org sysadmin for more information on this.

Update: the SVN website says the following: "You may choose any place
on the server (to which you have access) to create a Subversion
repository and import your code. However, if you want the public to
see and download your code via the Web interface, it has to be in the
main repository, svnroot."
So it seems that we either have our own, private repository, or that
our repository is accesible through a web interface... I'll check this.

In the meantime, feel free to check out the repository ;-))

Peter