[Biococoa-dev] BioCocoa Applications

Scott Christley schristley at mac.com
Wed Oct 3 20:21:51 EDT 2007

Great!  Yes, the SVN book recommends your Option 1 and that sounds
good to me too.  Too bad that the Applications directory couldn't be
made at the root level with BioCocoa, so something like this:

BioCocoa/
	trunk/
	tags/
	branches/
Applications
	MyApp
		trunk/
		tags/
		branches/
	YourApp
		trunk/
		tags/
		branches/

The current command on the wiki:

svn checkout svn+ssh://bioinformatics.org/svnroot/BioCocoa

will currently get everything including all the applications.  But
with the root split out people could do:

svn checkout svn+ssh://bioinformatics.org/svnroot/BioCocoa/BioCocoa

to get the core framework and

svn checkout svn+ssh://bioinformatics.org/svnroot/BioCocoa/Applications

to get the applications.  But yes, I think you are saying that moving
around the root directories may cause confusion for older revisions.
So I agree, not touch the root directory and just add the
Applications directory

cheers
Scott