[Biococoa-dev] biococoa svn and everything

Davide Cittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Wed Sep 12 04:41:50 EDT 2007

Hi Scott

On Sep 11, 2007, at 9:12 PM, Scott Christley wrote:

> Hello Davide,
>
> If you send me a patch with your changes, I can apply it to the
> repository.  You would need to be given developer access in order
> to commit the changes yourself.

After a long reading, I've decided to send the patch.
It is not clear which version I had to patch... I've checked
BCSequenceIO files and they don't look different in various 2.x
versions (-> .dmg, trunk, branch 2.0 and release-2.0), BTW I've done
the patch against the downloadable .dmg version.
Essentially the changes are:
in BCSequenceReader.h:
MACVECTOR_HEADER struct definition (to get MV file info)
(BCSequenceArray *)readMacVectorFile:(NSString *)textFile method
definition

in BCSequenceReader.m:
NSHFSTypeOfFile "scanning" to allow reading of 'NUCL' or 'PROT' files
(in the same manner you do for GCK files).
(BCSequenceArray *)readMacVectorFile:(NSString *)textFile method
implementation

/*
Davide Cittaro
HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core

IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007