[Biococoa-dev] modernizing BioCocoa

Koen van der Drift koenvanderdrift at gmail.com
Sat May 28 14:37:58 EDT 2011

All,

I recently started looking again at Cocoa programming, and what better
way to dive back into BioCocoa to get my memory refreshed!  While
reading some current Cocoa docs from Apple, I learned that since my
absence many new features have been added to ObjC, now called ObjC2.
Probably nothing new for y'all :)

Things I'm talking about are fast enumeration, garbage collecting,
properties, cleaning up warnings because of deprecated methods, and
maybe more.

So, I was thinking as a first task for me is to go through the
framework, and implement/update the code with (some of) the above
mentioned features.  This would also mean that the lowest OS that
BioCocoa will run on is OSX 10.5, which is when ObjectiveC2 was
introduced.

Are there any objections to this plan? I could for instance make a new
branch for this, maybe tagged version 2.5 or 3.0?

Thanks,