[Biodevelopers] XML Schema

Kenneth Geisshirt kenneth at geisshirt.dk
Wed Jun 19 03:42:33 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 07:41, A.J. Rossini wrote:

> It's basically a replacement for DTD's.  I'm not convinced that it is
> more readable, but then again, having everything in XML (well, I mean,
> "everything in one format") is easier on the brain.

What I like about schema is that you can restrict the data using for
example regular expressions and ranges (for numbers). That makes
documentation easier (just hand out the schema and you don't have to
explain so much).

Kneth

--
Kenneth Geisshirt, M.Sc., Ph.D.         http://kenneth.geisshirt.dk
Grøndals Parkvej 2A, 3. sal                    kenneth at geisshirt.dk
DK-2720 Vanløse                                     +45 38 87 78 38