[Biodevelopers] Question about degrees

Allen Henry allen_777 at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 21:47:56 EDT 2002

I am an experienced Computer Science major with over
10 years of experience, but unfortunately, I live in
Silicon Valley. I am now considering getting into the
bioinfo biz because I excel at Statistics.

I am currently taking classes at the UC Santa Cruz
extension, however, this is only a Certificate
program. Do you know if this combination will suffice?
Or will I need to get a MS?

I'm also wondering what the starting salary is for
these kinds of positions. This is a major concern of
mine since I have also been in management for many
years with very well known, large firms.

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks!

=====