[Biodevelopers] NCBI Genome Data

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.com
Thu Jan 16 00:55:31 EST 2003

Let's see if I understand what I've been looking at:

    1. The .asn files contain the annotation of the genome.  These point
into the
       sequence contigs.

    2. The .fa files contain the sequence contigs (FASTA format).

    3. The .gbk and .gbs files contain a formated version of the .asn
file with or
       without the sequence contigs.

    4. The .mfa is a mystery!

What is the .mfa file?  I know it is masked FASTA format of the
contigs.  I'm just
not sure what that means.

Alex Milowski                FAX: (707) 598-7649
  alex at milowski.com

"The excellence of grammar as a guide is proportional to the paucity of
the
considered."