[Biodevelopers] Proposal for creation of algorithm repository

Sujita Purushothaman sujita at mimos.my
Wed Mar 12 22:07:20 EST 2003

Malay Kumar Basu wrote:
> Hi Jeff and Bill:
>
> Great! The response is really good. I can't agree more. What I have in my
> mind is more like a wiki. No one maintains it but everyone does. That's
> the best way to implement quality control. I completely agree that
> Bioinformatics.org should play a major role in this.

IMHO, Wikis licensed under the GFDL/Open Publication License/anything
similar are the way to go for shared, free information.

 > can be just started anytime. There are plenty of code
> around.

http://www.wikipedia.org is a wiki encyclopedia. The source code of that
project is available under the GPL. More info about the source code is
here: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3APHP_script

All edits are saved, at any time a previous version of the page can be
restored, so vandalism is not a big problem. Also, copyright owners can
be easily verified by checking the page histories.

I could go on and on :-)

-Sujita

--
Sujita Purushothaman
Research Engineer, Open Source Development