[Biodevelopers] Changes to NCBI Web Services?

Ethan Strauss ethan.strauss at promega.com
Tue Nov 29 14:58:29 EST 2005

Hi All,
	I have been using the Web Services at NCBI for a variety of
things, but have run into a bunch of problems today. The worst of these
is that a service which used to return nucleic acid sequences is now
returning protein sequences! I am using
http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/soap/eutils.wsdl and
running the methods "run_eFetch_MS" and "run_eFetch". run_eFetch_MS is
not returning anything and run_eFetch is returning amino acid sequences
where I have gotten nucleic acids in the past.
I poke around NCBI's web site and can find no indication that they have
changed anything on purpose. I also sent them an e-mail awhile back and
have not yet heard from them (it has not been all that long). I just
wondered if anyone else is having similar problems or knows what is
going on.
Thanks!
Ethan

Ethan Strauss Ph.D.