[Biodevelopers] download bacterial genomes

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Jun 19 11:09:42 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 10:12:31AM -0400, J.W. Bizzaro wrote:
-> A few whole-genome databases can be accessed from a single site:
->
->   http://www.bio-mirror.net/
->
-> And they're a little more willing to accept regular connections.  If you're
-> using Unix, the simplest approach is to run "wget" as a cron job.  "rsync"
-> is a step up from that.  SRS may be worth looking into, too.  All of this
-> can be found at the above site.

What about:

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genomes/Bacteria

?  Or you could look at TIGR and JGI sites; JGI in particular may have a
few that aren't anywhere else.

--titus

-> ibtissem grissa wrote:
-> >
-> >I want to download all bacterial genomes available (published and non
-> >published) in fasta format in order to store them in a database,
-> >I want to cluster them (as actinobacteria, bacteroidetes,... )
-> >automatically.
-> >
-> >Could someone please suggest me a web site where I can download all
-> >these information easily (a simple perl program)? I Would really
-> >appreciate it.
-> >
-> >Thank you,
-> >--
-> >Ibtissem
->
-> --
-> J.W. Bizzaro
-> Bioinformatics Organization, Inc. (Bioinformatics.Org)
-> E-mail: jeff at bioinformatics.org
-> Phone:  +1 508 890 8600
-> --
-> Biodevelopers mailing list