[Biodevelopers] download bacterial genomes

ibtissem grissa ibtissem.grissa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 11:45:22 EDT 2006

> What about:
>
> ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genomes/Bacteria

yes, but I found only complete and published genomes there,
what I need is to have  the maximum of genomes, even if they are not
completed or public.

?  Or you could look at TIGR and JGI sites; JGI in particular may have a
> few that aren't anywhere else.

And I need to download them by an automatic way, so how could I  check if
they don't exist elsewhere automatically.

Furthermore, I want to have all the information about genomes, and
especially the taxon classification of the organism
(Bacteria; Proteobacteria; Gammaproteobacteria; Enterobacteriales;
Enterobacteriaceae)

--titus

> -> ibtissem grissa wrote:
> -> >
> -> >I want to download all bacterial genomes available (published and non
> -> >published) in fasta format in order to store them in a database,
> -> >I want to cluster them (as actinobacteria, bacteroidetes,... )
> -> >automatically.
> -> >
> -> >Could someone please suggest me a web site where I can download all
> -> >these information easily (a simple perl program)? I Would really
> -> >appreciate it.
> -> >
> -> >Thank you,
> -> >--
> -> >Ibtissem
> ->
> -> --
> -> J.W. Bizzaro
> -> Bioinformatics Organization, Inc. (Bioinformatics.Org)
> -> E-mail: jeff at bioinformatics.org
> -> Phone:  +1 508 890 8600
> -> --
> -> Biodevelopers mailing list