[BioEdu] Lanuages and environments

Paulo Nuin nuin at genedrift.org
Wed Feb 14 18:12:26 EST 2007

Hi Jeff
> It's interesting that you consider Java to be more intimidating than C++.
>
> As for myself, I prefer C and PHP these days.  PHP is not thought of
> as an analytical language, but it's as capable as any other.  Plus it
> looks like C (making it simple to switch between them), and it even
> runs on the command line.
PHP is really nice too. I am not able to use much because my machine at
work does not have it installed. And you got a good point that it is
very similar to C. PHP is my preferred for web development, but I am
trying to get into some Python frameworks now.

Regarding C++ and Java, I started my programming life with VB, jumped to
Pascal and seemed natural to jump to C/C++. I've tried Java so many
times and I gave up a while ago. I have some kind of programming block
with Java.

Cheers

Paulo