[Biophp-dev] but where is the code?

biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 9:04:06 PST

Sorry to sound impatient (and not being hindered by having all the mails
on this list), but - if available - I would use some of the code you seem
to be proposing right away.  Together with some friends I am running a
generalized database project geared towards molecular biology labs
(http://phplabware.sf.net).  It provides an easy and extensible interface
to an SQL database and plugin code can enhance its functionality.

For a rudimentary plasmid database, we started writing a very simple
genbank parser
(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/phplabware/phplabware/plug
ins/gb_plugin.php?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup), but I
would reuse (better) code anytime if available.  The alternative would
be, of course, to use bioperl, but it would be much nicer and easier to
use php code.

So, if there is any code and or idea about structuring the objects out
there, make it known so that wok can be done.

Best,

Nico