[Biophp-dev] Standards

Serge Gregorio biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 04:53:12 +0800

>On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 8:56:44
>nicos wrote:

>In the same thread (forgot to mention this earlier): Do we want some >kind of automated code documentation system?  I have used
>phpxref(@sourceforge) in the past, but that project seems to be dead >and there might well be others out there. Again, the earlier we make >this choice, the easier it is going to be in the long run.

Yes, I agree.  I have a few scripts that helps me do this but
nothing close to an automated code doc system.  I will go with
what you recommend.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your changes to my code at
the biophp CVS repository.  I'm learning CVS too but I doubt
if I'd finish it in a timely manner.  I do have a question
though.  I issue this command using a CVS client for Windows:

    cvs -d:ext:flipmozart@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/genephp
    import -m "Initial import." genephp_mod vendor start

And I get this error message:

    [import aborted] Cannot start server via rsh: No such file or
    directory.

Is it correct to suppose that it's looking for a .rchosts file in
my home folder at sourceforge?  In SF's doc, I noticed it says
there to issue this command (before the cvs command above):

   export CVS_RSH=ssh

Given that I'm using Windows, how/where do I issue this command?
I have Putty (a Windows SSH client) on my computer and I've been
using it to get to manage my files at SF.

I also tried WinCVS and TortoiseCVS, and get similar messages
(e.g. Resource not found, etc.).  While I do have working know-
ledge of common Unix commands, the CVS-SSH combo is beyond me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Serge

Check out the new EudoraMail at