[Biophp-dev] help me please stand alone BLAST

yvan biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:26:32 +1100

--Boundary_(ID_412Pxf0M1S3/Q+DNOSjkBw)

Hello  Aniba,

Did you try the command system (  string system ( string command [, int=20=

return_var])  ).

If in your form you call a script which call the script containing the=20=

system call and pass the corresponding $HTTP_GET_VARS or=20
$HTTP_POST_VARS into the system command does it work?

with me it does work so well also, but luckily i don't have a windows=20
machine :-)

good luck or bonne chance

yvan

On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 07:54  AM, mr.aniba@laposte.net wrote:

> dear sir can you please help me !
> i implemented a stand alone blast (WINDOWS version) but i dont know=20
> how to run it threw a php script, is there any solution, it's=20
> important for me because it's not so comfortable to use it every time=20=

> by opening dos prompt to enter two command lines, i want to use a form=20=

> to do that all i have to do is to enter a sequence and to press blast=20=

> button to blast the sequence against my local database !
> thank you
> ANIBA
>

> Acc=E9dez au courrier =E9lectronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ;
> 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34=80/mn) ; t=E9l : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34=80/mn)=20=

--Boundary_(ID_412Pxf0M1S3/Q+DNOSjkBw)

Did you try the command system (  string system ( string command [,
int return_var])  ).=20

If in your form you call a script which call the script containing the
system call and pass the corresponding $HTTP_GET_VARS or
$HTTP_POST_VARS into the system command does it work?

with me it does work so well also, but luckily i don't have a windows
machine :-)

good luck or bonne chance

yvan

<excerpt>dear sir can you please help me !

i implemented a stand alone blast (WINDOWS version) but i dont know
how to run it threw a php script, is there any solution, it's
important for me because it's not so comfortable to use it every time
by opening dos prompt to enter two command lines, i want to use a form
to do that all i have to do is to enter a sequence and to press blast
button to blast the sequence against my local database !

thank you

ANIBA

Acc=E9dez au courrier =E9lectronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ;

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34=80/mn) ; t=E9l : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34=80/mn) =
</excerpt></fontfamily>=

--Boundary_(ID_412Pxf0M1S3/Q+DNOSjkBw)--