[cmview-users] problem in displaying triangle contact map instead of square

M. F. mfaridun at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 09:07:32 EDT 2013

Hi there,

In the tutorial after it loads the pdb it gets a triangle display while I get a square display. As it is mentioned in the manual, this is an
experimental feature (?). So, I should add this line to the config file: USE_EXPERIMENTAL_FEATURES = true
I added the line right after the directories like this:
#Properties file for CMView 1.1

PYMOL_EXECUTABLE=../MacPyMOL.app/Contents/MacOS/MacPyMOL
DSSP_EXECUTABLE=../dssp-2.1.0/dssp
DALI_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/DaliLite
DEFAULT_DISTANCE_CUTOFF=8.0
DEFAULT_CONTACT_TYPE=Ca
USE_EXPERIMENTAL-FEATURES = TRUE

and this error  appeared:

Connecting to database...
Warning: MySQL connection file /Users/Maryam/.my.cnf doesn't exist. Will use default parameters for connection
No database found. Some functionality will not be available.

I guess this means a lot of work should be done, but I am not aware of
the steps I should take to make this work. Is this related to having triangle instead of square display.

Thanks in advance,
Maryam