[cmview-users] CMView and Phosphorylated proteins

Patel, Pryank p.patel42 at herts.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 12:44:47 EDT 2014

Dear CMView users,
I am a new user to CMView, so my apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I am studying the structure of a protein which is phosphorylated under certain conditions. I have the structures of both the phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated forms, and am using CMView to generate contact maps and compare the contacts within each structure under each condition in pymol. However, CMView is not able to recognise phosphorylated residues (phosphoserine, SEP, specifically). Is there a fix that I am able to implement so it will recognise phosphoserine? It may not make too much of a difference overall but I think it would help me with my analysis.

Best wishes,
Pryank

Pryank Patel
School of Life and Medical Sciences