[Genquire-users] Re: genquire

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:15:14 -0600

If it helps, we should have a ~public copy of our Arabidopsis database in a
day or two.  It will be up for only a couple of weeks to allow the reviewers
of the Genqurie manuscript to evaluate the software without having to set the
whole thing up themselves.  I can make the URL available to anyone who
requests it over those few weeks, but I don't want to make it "public
knowledge", if you know what I mean...

Contact me if you want this info.

P.S.  Brian, what are the rules of distribution of the TIGR data?  Our local
Arabidopsis database is created from the TIGR dataset, and I want to make
sure that we will not be breaking any distribution rules by making it
available to the reviewers...  If there are strict rules, can I arrange to
get permission, and from whom?

P.P.S.  It hit me this weekend while chatting with Lincoln that I have
already written 95% of a DAS adaptor layer!  I'm writing a book chapter on
Gequire at the moment, with a fairly tight deadline, so I  can't put any
effort into it this week, but within a couple of weeks Genquire should be
sitting happily on top of DAS also!!  Stay tuned folks :-)  Things are really
starting to come together quickly now!

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson