[ghemical-devel] support for MPQC v2 was added

Michael Banck mbanck@gmx.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 13:55:10 +0200

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 02:39:20PM +0300, Tommi Hassinen wrote:
> On Tue, 21 May 2002, Michael Banck wrote:
>
> > > Well, it then just looks that my autoconf is not new enough, right?
> >
> > Maybe, but I get
> > FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.48 or higher is required for this script
> >
> > when I try to run autoconf2.13. Do you, too?
>
> Nope. My autoconf version is
>
> 	$ autoconf --version
> 	Autoconf version 2.13
>
> and everything else works except the top_buildir.

Looking closer, I've seen that top_builddir is already defined in
configure.in.

As we didn't change anything WRT this, did autoconf work for you
earlier?

Perhaps you're using a non-portable shell? What does "echo `pwd`" yield?

[looking even closer]
Then again, `pwd` is used at a different location in configure...

Sorry, I'm lost here.

> > > I add the other stuff to CVS but keep the current configure script.
> >
> > Well, I could send you a patch for configure if that helped. But there
> > might be an underlying problem somewhere.
>
> I can send you the logs or other output if it helps (please just say which
> files you need).

Don't think so. top_builddir only gets mentioned here:
mbanck@Blackbird:~/src/ghemical-test$ grep top_builddir config*
config.status:s,@top_builddir@,/home/mbanck/src/ghemical-test,;t t
configure:top_builddir=`pwd`
configure:s,@top_builddir@,$top_builddir,;t t
configure.in:top_builddir=`pwd`
configure.in:AC_SUBST(top_builddir)

This config.status line might be interesting though.

> I guess that Geoff could also update the script (Geoff, do you hear us? :)
> since he has been working on it earlier.

Perhaps not, if you haven't sent the mail to him privately afterwards ;)
I'll send this to the list again.

> For the future, I can give also you the write access to CVS if you
> think it would help.

Well, next time perhaps. I can't say that I'll have a lot of time coding
on ghemical, so this might be useless. It's just that I've a couple of
days off right now :)

bye,

Michael