[ghemical-devel] release plans...

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:57:56 +0200 (WET)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Michael Banck wrote:

> openbabel-1.100.1 has a bug which results in some header files not being
> installed properly. Which in turn results in build-errors when trying to
> compile stuff against the headers. I fixed that in the debian version
> (and it's trivial to fix in a self-rolled build/install), but
> nevertheless, you might want to wait until 1.100.2 is out. (What a nice
> oppertunity to actually get that done)

Hi!

Ok, this can wait; it's not yet ready here and even if it were it would be
completely untested. So I just made the v1.01 source package available.

> > So next week I hope I can fix the configuration scripts so that separate
> > libraries could be used instead of the current built-in ones. If that goes
> > well, I'll consider releasing these newer (beta) versions as well but
> > those may stay until 2004 as well...
>
> I never managed to get any window popping up with the new version, but
> I'll give it another try soon I guess.

Yep. There are so many versions currently in CVS, with poorly descriptive
branch names, so that I made a short list of them here:

	branch name:			version number:
	MANY_PROJECTS_BRANCH		v1.01
	BEFORE_BONOBO_BRANCH		v1.50
	HEAD				???

So, I just made a bugfix-release v1.01. Later once these library
configuration issues are solved, the v1.50 could rather rapidly become
v2.00 (it would have more consistent GUI but still be a gnome-1 app). Only
after that I could start working with the cvs HEAD version more seriously.

Ok, Merry Christmas to all of you!  :)

	Tommi