[ghemical-devel] Trouble with Cygwin

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:16:07 +0200 (WET)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, ALEX MANTION wrote:

> good morning,
>
> I am trying to put ghemical 1.0 working with cygwin
> (compiling from sources). It does not work properly,
> indicating me that there is no gtk present, but I
> installed one via cygnome sourceforge web site.

Hi,

the log file says

            65: checking for gtk-config
           396: result: no
           304: checking for GTK - version >= 0.99.7
           436: result: no
           506: error: Cannot find proper gtk version

I think the problem here is that cygnome contains gtk/gnome version 2
libraries and headers, and ghemical-1.00 expects to find version 1 libs
and headers. If there is no "gtk-config" in your system, it means you have
gtk-2.0 or newer installed, or no gtk at all.

What you could do, is that you could get the very latest (cvs HEAD)
versions of libghemical/ghemical and try to use them ; last spring I
converted them to gtk/gnome 2 and bonobo. Starting the bonobo app is
still a bit complicated, please see the archives of this mailing list to
see how to get it started. There might be some bugs too, it's definitely
"alpha" stuff at this point...  :(

Regards,

	Tommi