[ghemical-devel] Re; QC++ availability

Geoff Hutchison hutchisn@chem.northwestern.edu
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:31:22 -0500

Hi,

I'm one of the developers of the Ghemical molecular modeling program:
http://www.bioinformatics.org/ghemical/

I ran across your QC++ package on the net and the website said it was
"freely available" under Linux, etc. Ghemical is made available under
the GPL license and we currently use a public domain version of MOPAC7
for semi-empirical calculations, converted from Fortran. Would it be
possible to make a version of your QC++ package available under a
GPL-compatible license? In this case, we could use your package and
help make it available to other audiences. Ghemical is already included
in a variety of Linux distributions.

Obviously it might also help you visualize calculation results since
Ghemical already has code to visualize MOs, charge densities, etc.

In short, would you consider some collaboration between the two
projects?

Cheers and best regards,
-Geoff Hutchison

--