[ghemical-devel] Re: RM1 parameterization in MOPAC?

Rzepa, Henry h.rzepa at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Aug 16 13:36:37 EDT 2006

At 20:11 -0400 11/8/06, Geoffrey Hutchison wrote:
>I recently ran across an article on the new "RM1" semiempirical
>model. Basically, a group from Brazil found a better
>parameterization for AM1 -- same model, same number of parameters.
>Just the parameters changed. The result is generally better, except
>slightly worse on bond and dihedral angles than AM1. But heat of
>formation, dipole moment, ionization potential (i.e., HOMO energy)
>and bond lengths are all better.
>
>RMI: A reparameterization of AM1 for H, C, N, O, P, S, F, Cl, Br, and I
>by Rocha GB, Freire RO, Simas AM, et al.
>http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jcc.20425

there are in fact lots of reparametrisations, most of them hardly
tested in a general
sense.  I personally would not bother to implement them.
--

Henry Rzepa.
+44 (020) 7594 5774 (Voice); +44 (0870) 132 3747 (eFax);

(Voracious anti-spam filter in operation for received email.
If expected reply not received, please phone/fax).