[ghemical-devel] Installing Ghemical on Win XP in a multiuser-unattended manner

Rzepa, Henry h.rzepa at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jul 28 08:12:26 EDT 2006

We would like to deploy the  Windows version of  Ghemical (running under
Cygwin) obtained from http://www.uiowa.edu/~ghemical/windows.shtml

Whilst installing it on a per user basis is not an issue, the installer
does seem to install some user specific files during this process.  This
means that another user coming along has difficulties.

Also, the way our  Windows installations are built, we have to specify
a script for an unattended install. It also helps not to have the install
in a top level directory, but in  "Program Files", which  I gather currently
if done would not work.

Does anyone have any advice on how to install on a  Windows platform
in a manner which  is user independent.
--

Henry Rzepa.
+44 (020) 7594 5774 (Voice); +44 (0870) 132 3747 (eFax); rzepahs at mac.com (iChat)

(Voracious anti-spam filter in operation for received email.
If expected reply not received, please phone/fax).