[ghemical-devel] Re: Schedules

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff at geoffhutchison.net
Fri Mar 10 11:15:49 EST 2006

On Mar 10, 2006, at 6:08 AM, Tommi Hassinen wrote:

> and pardon me, and my poor English ; I tried to read your mail
> carefully, and I understood so that your main concern is that you
> would like to have the release v2.0 out soon. Please just correct
> me if I'm wrong. Ymmärrän suomea paljon nopeammin ja vähemmällä
> vaivalla.(*)  :)

It's OK... your English is good and certainly better than our
Finnish. :-)

> Therefore I suggest that we just set a fixed date for the release
> of v2.0. For me May will be a busy month, so what about April? Any
> comments, ideas or suggestions?

I think this sounds like a good idea, although I've found it's nice
to have a little flexibility. The release of OB-2.0 slipped a few
days. The important thing to remember is that we can also release
2.01 or whatever off of the same CVS branch. :-)

One thing I might like to suggest is to have text labels for the
toolbar. I hacked up a version that doesn't take too much extra
space, although the window is now best at ~837x619 pixels, while it
usually starts up at 648x619 now. I'd have to check to see what I
need to do to set the default window size.

(The trick is that the text labels can have a '\n' character to add a
second line. :-)

Thoughts?
-Geoff