[ghemical-devel] gettext() still not working...

Vlado Peshov vlatkop at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 07:24:54 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Daniel Leidert <
daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, den 23.11.2008, 21:10 +0100 schrieb Vlado Peshov:
> > On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Jean Bréfort
> > <jean.brefort at normalesup.org> wrote:
> >         Very strange, it does not work for me.
> >
> > # LANG=fi_FI.UTF-8 TEST_gettext
> > Translate this, please!
> >
> > after this modification:
>
> [snip]
> > so you have to remove ,fuzzy string from your first message, and set
> > charset in order to compile it again.
>
> Things I did too. So maybe this is really necessary.

It is. The first message is information about the project, it is set to
default values while generating the pot file and it is required while
compiling the po. So, you have to manually defuzzy this message and set up
the rest of the informations about the project and translation. In order
just to compile the po you only have to set up content-type,
content-transfer-encoding and defuzzy this message.

If you use gui tools(like Poedit, Kbabel) for generation and management of
the translation messages this steps can be more user-friendly.

Regards, Vlado