[ghemical-users] Problem Running Ghemical

Stephen P. Molnar s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 5 15:03:39 EST 2011

I have just installed ghemical-2.99.2 and libghemical-2.99.1 on my OpenSuSE v11.2 64bit system, Ther ewere no compiling or installation errors.

When I attem[pt to run ghemical I get the following messages:

computation at linux-iq76:~> whereis ghemical
ghemical: /usr/bin/ghemical /usr/bin/X11/ghemical /usr/local/bin/ghemical /usr/include/ghemical /usr/share/ghemical
computation at linux-iq76:~> /usr/bin/ghemical

OpenGL extension version - 1.2
DEBUG ; preparing to open file /usr/share/libghemical/2.98/builder/amino.txt
Error : could not open file /usr/share/libghemical/2.98/builder/amino.txt

It would appear that the problem is that amino.txt is in /usr/share/libghemical4/2.98/builder rather than at the end of the path shown in the Error message.

I really don't nave the faintest idea as to what may be going on here and would be most appreciative of any assistance in resolving this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.			Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry			Stochastic and multivarate
614.312.7528 (c)