[meltsim] problem running MELSTIM

Kevin Hollevoet kevin.hollevoet at ugent.be
Wed Aug 15 12:10:26 EDT 2007

hello,

i'm kevin hollevoet, thesisstudent at the university of Ghent
(belgium) at the medical research building. we are planning to use
meltsim to preform some large scale simulations to test the
sensitivity of HRM towards single CpG's methylation differences in NB
cell lines.

but the problems we are facing are the same like Marko Pavlekovic
wrote to you some time ago (for the record: i'm using window XP to run
MELTSIM)

so i tried, just like marko, to change all '.' into ','. even in the
output files,  when i only selected the meltcurse, the graph was not
what i would expect. other options they gave also errors for the use
of E09 (meaning 10^9) in the output file. and that fault (i dont even
know what the fault is) is obviously not that easy to change in an
output file.

so is there already some other version on the market or the web?
perhaps this is some european problem with the configuration of the
windows XP here? as there are a lot of articles citing your program,
even recently, it should work somehow perfectly well, no?

greetings

kevin