[meltsim] problem running MELSTIM

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Wed Aug 15 18:43:45 EDT 2007

Hi Kevin,

I started working on a PHP interface a couple years ago.  I set it up on the MeltSim website just now for anyone who'd like to use it:

  http://bioinformatics.org/meltsim/online/

Note that there may be some kinks in it.  On the back-end it's running version 1.99.0 (C/Linux), which is older and imperfect.  Also, I'm not sure if the web server will handle very large jobs from MeltSim: there's no scheduler in place for it, and MeltSim can be very compute intensive.  Try to keep the sequences under 10 kbp, especially if running a positional map.

Please report any problems that you or anyone else finds, and I'll add this interface to the source code in SVN, just as soon as it seems ready:

  http://bioinformatics.org/websvn/listing.php?repname=meltsim&path=%2Ftrunk%2F&rev=0&sc=0

Cheers,
Jeff

--
J.W. Bizzaro
Bioinformatics Organization, Inc. (Bioinformatics.Org)
E-mail: jeff at bioinformatics.org
Phone:  +1 508 890 8600