[Molvis-list] Exporting molecular surfaces

Bathsheba Grossman sheba at bathsheba.com
Wed Jun 8 19:44:26 EDT 2005

Here's a question which may be obvious: I need to make molecular
surfaces with fine resolution, and export the surfaces as mesh files,
under Windows.  I've been using the GRASS service, which is very nice
but makes rather coarse surfaces.

I see that most viewers are able to compute nice surfaces, and some
offer control of how fine the triangulation is, which is great, but
I'm having trouble getting any of them to export the surface.  I don't
need a 2D picture or rendering, but the actual 3D data as an STL, DXF,
VRML, or any 3D mesh file format.  Even a .pov or .rib file intended
for a renderer could work.

Any advice for a tyro?

Thanks,

-Sheba
--
Bathsheba Grossman                                          (831)429-8224
Sculpting geometry                                          bathsheba.com