[Molvis-list] Graphical representation for protein annotations

Leyla Garcia ljgarcia at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Feb 24 08:32:44 EST 2011

Dear all,

I need to know if there is a key of colours and shapes for the graphical
representation of annotations in proteins. for instance, if I need to
have a pictorial representation of a "domain" or "transcript" then is
there a standardized way to do it? So far I have seen that domains are
usually represented as ellipses or rectangles, and metal bindings as
non-filled circles, while active sites are red-filled circles.
I am particular interested in the next type of annotations:
Domain, Signal, Transit, Propeptide, Peptide, Topological domain,
Intramembrane, Transmenbrane for ranges of sequences, and Metal binding,
Active site, Modified residue, Lipidation, Glycosilation for point
positions.

I appreciate any information on this matter.

Cheers,

Leyla García
EMBL-EBI, Cambridge, UK